Enter for free online by midnight December 9th in any of the 13 exciting and diverse business categories and you could be celebrating at the President’s Dinner in Cork’s Vienna Woods on Saturday 22nd February 2020 with fellow stars of the Cork Business scene!
Entries now open for the CBA’s
Cork Business of the Year Awards 2019
New Digital award launched!
Cork Business Association (CBA) has launched their annual 'Cork Business of the Year Awards 2019’, in partnership with awards sponsor JCD, event partner AIB and media partner The Irish Examiner, to recognise the outstanding contribution of businesses and individuals working diligently across varied sectors of business in Cork City and its environs.
Your business could be set for stardom in February 2020, as entrants not only have the chance to win individual award categories but they could also be named the overall ‘Cork Business of the Year.’
The 13 award categories for 2019 include:
- Best New Business in Cork, sponsored by LEO Cork City
- Open to all businesses that have been founded or are new to Cork since 1st January 2017. Entrants will be asked to explain their business and to demonstrate how they have translated a great idea into a viable and successful business venture. They will also be asked to outline their plans for the future.
- Best Cork Family Business, sponsored by Musgrave
- Open to all family owned and run businesses in the greater Cork city area. Your business must be managed by family members and you must be able to demonstrate the involvement of at least two generations of family members who are working in the business.
- Best Cork Hotel, sponsored by Kings Laundry
- The Best Hotel award acknowledges excellence in service and accommodation. Entrants will demonstrate high class, flawless service in a comfortable, quality establishment, while both meeting and exceeding guest expectations, and how they have helped to promote Cork as a destination nationally and internationally.
- Best Cork Restaurant, sponsored by The English Market
- The best Restaurant award acknowledges excellence in quality, service, price and ambiance. Entrants will demonstrate high standards in food quality, cost, efficiency, customer service, imagination, attention to detail, marketing and how well the establishment functions as a business.
- Best Cork Café, sponsored by The English Market
- The best Café award will recognise excellence in customer service, business innovation, premises ambiance and atmosphere. Entrants will demonstrate high standards in food quality, cost, efficiency, imagination, attention to detail, marketing and how they have raised the profile of their business in this ever increasingly competitive sector.
- Best Cork VFI Pub, sponsored by Vintners Federation Cork
- The award for Best Cork Pub will be awarded to the pub that, in the opinion of the judges, demonstrates ‘best in class’ in the areas of innovation, creativity, ambiance, operational excellence and customer service. Open to VFI Members only.
- Best Cork Retail Business, sponsored by Cork City Council
- The best Cork Retail Business will be awarded to the business that routinely strives for the highest standards across a number of key metrics such as customer service, value, visual merchandising, premises maintenance, marketing, and adaptability. High standards are particularly important given the very severe challenges currently facing Ireland’s retail industry. It is critical that the retail industry plays its part in consistently improving its offering to attract more customers, keep retail workers in jobs and simultaneously keep Cork city centre vibrant which in turn will re-engage citizens and customers alike.
- Best Professional Services Business
- This category is open to all businesses that provide a professional business service in the greater Cork city area. They include banking, legal, accounting, HR, recruitment, PR, marketing, architects, financial advisers, engineers, consultants, training providers, strategic advice etc. They can be any organisation or profession that offers customised, knowledge-based services to clients. Entrants must be able to explain what their professional business service is and demonstrate their commitment to customer service excellence within their particular service provided.
- Best Tourism Art Event, sponsored by IHF Cork
- This award is designed to recognise and reward an organisation, attraction, business or event that has excelled in tourism, contributing to growing tourist numbers and /or the visitor experience in Cork.
- Best Cork Digital Business
- This award will be presented to a company or organisation that can practically demonstrate how they have embraced the digital age and built their company around, or adapted their business strategy to adopt, a more future focused, digitally powered approach. This category is open to all businesses, regardless of their stage in the business life-cycle.
- Cork Business of the Year, medium category, sponsored by JCD and the Irish Examiner
- This award honours and acknowledges a business that has contributed or promoted the enhancement of the commercial, cultural, or civic life in Cork city. This award is open to all medium sized businesses irrespective of Category.
- Cork Business of the Year, large category, sponsored by JCD and the Irish Examiner
- This award honours and acknowledges a business that has contributed or promoted the enhancement of the commercial, cultural, or civic life in Cork city. This award is open to all large businesses irrespective of Category.
- The Champion of Cork Award, sponsored by Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)
- The Champion of Cork Award was created to praise, honour and recognise a Corkonian whom we believe has made a real difference to Cork and its people, be it through driving business, their contribution to the arts, their charitable work, their efforts in developing our city or their passion and drive for promoting all things Cork.
The Cork Business Association is celebrating 62 years in business this year, and the organisation’s Cork Business of the Year Awards are always a highlight for local businesses.
Speaking about the awards, Chief Executive of Cork Business Association Lawrence Owens said:
The Cork Business of the Year Awards have grown year on year and are certainly the highlight of Cork Business Association’s calendar. Through these awards, along with our sponsors and partners, the CBA annually seeks to recognise the hard work and good business acumen demonstrated by businesses in Cork.
Last year we recognised some highly notable achievements, with the Guinness Cork Jazz Festival being named the overall winner in the Large Category and McCarthy Insurance in the Medium Category.We very much look forward to receiving this year’s submissions and would like to encourage all businesses located within the greater Cork city area to consider entering these prestigious awards.
The benefits of being part of the awards process are many, including association with the awards, public recognition for your hard work, plus marketing and networking opportunities. We would also like to sincerely thank all of our sponsors, in particular our awards sponsor JCD, event partner AIB, and media partner The Irish Examiner.
To enter the Cork Business of the Year Awards 2019, your business must be based in the greater
Cork city area or be a current member of the Cork Business Association.
Nominations are open now and entries for all award categories which are FREE to enter should be completed online at http://corkbusiness.ie/cba-cork-business-of-the-year-awards-2019/ following a simple 3 step process no later than midnight December 9th 2019. An experienced panel of leading business executives will provide independent judging with shortlisting commencing in the New Year.
The awards ceremony, which is a favourite event on Cork's glittering social calendar, will take place at a Black Tie dinner in Cork’s Vienna Woods on Saturday 22nd February 2020.
Tickets are priced at €120 (plus booking fee) and are available to purchase online HERE or direct from the CBA office by calling (021) 427 8295. Tickets include a pre-dinner drinks reception, a Taste of Cork meal; wine, awards presentations, spot prizes and stellar live entertainment.
For more information on Cork Business Association and the 2019 Cork Business of the Year Awards including full detail of categories and how to enter see http://corkbusiness.ie/cba-cork-business-of-the-year-awards-2019/.